Justice, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) Policy
The web facilitates connection and has the power to create a more equitable and just world. Websites raise global awareness of issues that concern us all and help groups who are geographically separated but involved in similar struggles connect with and support each other.
At the same time, the technology industry is infamously inequitable. Women, people of color, and other marginalized folks have traditionally struggled to enter into and advance in software and website development roles.
At Dotfusion, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people.
In our global organization, each person offers a unique set of ideas, beliefs, and skills. We value these qualities, experiences, and work styles, and recognize the diverse cultural, legal, societal, political, and religious environments in which we work as we implement projects around the world. We consider this diversity to be our most important resource—helping us connect people and the communities in which we operate.
We believe our core values and mission are strengthened when all members have a voice and are encouraged to contribute in a supportive space. Therefore, we take a collective responsibility to create an environment where everyone feels included, respected, and comfortable to bring their whole self to work. It the collective responsibility of Dotfusion leadership, management, and staff to ensure Dotfusion operates with good intent and practice.
As the societal definition of diversity is constantly evolving, we are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). At Dotfusion, justice seeks to dismantle the barriers to opportunities and systemic disadvantages to people’s ability to access resources and opportunities. Equity ensures everyone has access to the same opportunities and resources so that there is an equal opportunity to thrive. Diversity encompasses the differences among us based on what we experience or encounter in access to opportunities and resources. Inclusion means fostering respect and a team spirit in the workplace and embracing and amplifying the multicultural perspectives, voices, and essence of Dotfusion.
To further reinforce an inclusive culture and foster JEDI principles, Dotfusion is committed to:
- Ensuring an inclusive working environment free of discrimination at all stages of the employment life cycle
- Developing plans to promote JEDI principles and cultural competencies among staff across Dotfusion and advance a vision to target underserved populations in animal welfare and conservation
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Striving to build and support a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences
- Ensuring our leaders are role models for diversity and building an inclusive culture
- Reviewing measurable objectives and actively monitoring progress on an annual basis
- Continually review for bias within policies and practices across the organization
Our JEDI actions:
- We actively recruit developers who identify as female or non-binary, people of color, and anyone who identifies as belonging to historically marginalized groups.
- In our hiring process we treat all developers equally as they enter our team in terms of how they are on-boarded and how their wage is determined, regardless of their working location.
- Dotfusion strives to retain high-quality employees and contractors by creating a positive work environment that is inclusive, equitable, and flexible to meet each individual’s needs.
- We provide a 100% remote and flexible work schedule and encourage getting outdoors and getting away from the screen.
- We believe our contractors should work the number of hours that works for them, during times that work for them, to ensure that their work with us is driven by genuine energy and passion.
We are held accountable to these goals and actions via our standing as a certified B Corp, and must report each year on progress. These business goals help us ensure that our services reach those who need it the most.